For E-Billing, see Payments
Flat Fees & Current Charges
The water and sewer billing cycle is made every three months: January, April, July and October. Your water meter is read on the 15th of the month prior to the billing.
- Water charges
- Water Users are charged this flat fee every billing cycle. It covers the administration and operational fees as well as the infrastructure debt for water treatment.
- Sewer charges
- Sewer Users are charged this flat fee every billing cycle. It covers the administration and operational fees as well as the infrastructures fees for sewer treatment.
- Fire supply charges
- This charge is used to pay for the fire hydrant system in order to ensure that in the event of a fire there is adequate water flow and that the fire hydrants works adequately.
Some key information:
The average daily consumption per household (average of 3.2 people) within our township is: 350m3 annually •1 m3 = 1000 litre of water = $2.402
- 1 litre of water = 0.0024$
- Average daily consumption/household: 960 litres = $2.30
The Variable Consumption Rate:
- Water Consumption charge - $2.402/M3
- This user fee is set by having a reading of your water meter, in square meter (M3) unit: the more water you use, the higher your water consumption charge will be.
- Water and Sewer list of charges
Does your invoice seem high?
There are a number of possible explanations for high consumption:
- A change in household (such as new tenants, new owners, more people, guests).
- A result of higher seasonal demands (such as increase in lawn watering, filling up a pool, etc).
- Installation of new appliances (such as a water-cooled air conditioner/equipment, dishwater, hot water tank, heating system, lawn sprinkling system).
- A leak in plumbing fixtures and/or pipes. (see How to check for leaks)
In order for you to only pay for the water you use, we suggest that you contact town hall at least one (1) week prior to your move. A $50 final reading fee is applicable.
Have questions about your water bill? Call 613-443-3066 ext 2309